All of the following information is from Fukushima Voice version 2e. Thank you Dr. Yuri Hiranuma for your dedicated work in helping to make this information available.
” The Nineteenth Prefectural Oversight Committee for Fukushima Health Management Survey convened in Fukushima City, Fukushima Prefecture, on May 18, 2015, releasing the latest results of thyroid examination, consisting of Initial Screening or the first-round screening (originally scheduled to be conducted from October 2011 to March 2014, but actually still ongoing) and Full-Scale Screening or the second-round screening (beginning April 2014). It has been 3 months since the last committee meeting on February 12, 2015, and the latest results include 3 more months worth of data confirmed as of March 31, 2015.
An official English translation of the results will be available here. ”
Below is a summary of the results for the Initial Screening and Full-Scale Screening. All numbers shown below are from the data analysis as of March 31, 2015. Please visit Fukushima Voice version 2e to read an excellent analysis and synthesis of the screenings’ data and view an unofficial translation of selective tables from the results.
Initial Screening (October 2011 – ongoing)Total number targeted: 367,685 Number of participants in primary examination: 299,543 Number with confirmed results: 299,233
- A1 154,018 (51.5%) (no nodules or cysts found)
- A2 142,936 (47.8%) (nodules ≦ 5.0 mm or cysts ≦ 20.0 mm)
- B 2,278 (0.8%) (nodules ≧ 5.1 mm or cysts ≧ 20.1 mm)
- C 1 (0.0%) (requiring immediate secondary examination)
- 1 benign nodule
- 95 papillary thyroid cancer
- 3 poorly differentiated cancer
- A1 50,767 (41.6%) (no nodules or cysts found)
- A2 70,187 (57.5%) (nodules ≦ 5.0 mm or cysts ≦ 20.0 mm)
- B 1,043 (0.9%) (nodules ≧ 5.1 mm or cysts ≧ 20.1 mm)
- C 0 (0.0%) (requiring immediate secondary examination)
- 5 papillary thyroid cancer